In Stage 1, you started tweeting and in Stage 2, you learned about more Twitter features. Then, in Stage 3, you took a look at lots of Twitter add-ons and tools. Now, in Stage 4, you will complete a Twitter project, building your own D2L TWITTER WIDGET.
I've chosen a D2L Twitter widget with the University of Oklahoma audience in mind, but this could be adapted to using a Twitter widget in any kind of web platform: another LMS, a course website, a course blog, etc. So just jiggle the elements of this project to turn this into a project that will meet your needs!
- Instructions. Choose class hashtag and/or create class Twitter account.
- Instructions. Brainstorm a content strategy.
- Instructions. Create the Twitter widget for your content stream.
- Instructions. Create a new widget in D2L.
- Instructions. Add the D2L widget to your homepage.
- Instructions. Test the widget by tweeting something.
- Instructions. Test the widget by retweeting.
- Instructions. Look for OU accounts to follow for your class.
- Instructions. Another D2L widget: featured (embedded) tweets.
- Instructions. Using Twitter with your students.
Twitter: bringing the life of the Internet into your D2L homepage! Here's a screenshot: announcements on left, tweets — live tweets! — to the right.