For our March 4 meeting — Friday, 10AM (Oklahoma time) — we will have a FILM FESTIVAL! Instead of having the usual Q1-Q2-Q3 questions, this week we have some videos to watch together: V1, V2, V3, etc. I'll tweet out the start-times as we move through the playlist, along with a link for each film, and we can live-tweet as we watch. Here is the playlist... and thanks to all the chatizens who suggested videos!
come tweet with us!
Here is the timeline for when we'll be watching the films together and live-tweeting: I hope I calculated the time intervals more or less properly! We'll be starting at 10M Oklahoma time (US Central time):
10:05 — V1: Luis Suarez: Outside the Inbox
10:11 — V2: Nadia Mireles for Open Education Matters: Why is it important to share content?
10:16 — V3: Michael Wesch: Information R/evolution
10:23 — V4: James Hamblin for the Atlantic: Single-Tasking Is the New Multitasking
10:30 — V5: Michael Wesch: The Sleeper
10:34 — V6: Monique Rodriguez for Race and yOU: A Hidden History
11:39 — V7: Jake Morgan and Neal Walla: Mental illness and empathetic storytelling
10:50 — V8: JD Baker for OU Students on Mental Health (OU Daily series)
10:53 — V9: Alan Watts: What If Money Was No Object?
Please here are more video recommendations that did not fit into the schedule... this time! Please keep suggesting videos and we can have another film festival at a later chat!
- Benjamin Zander: How to Give an A (15 min.)
- Brene Brown on Empathy (3 min.)
- Campus Stories: OU Study Abroad (another YouTube playlist!)
- Phil Hansen: Embrace the Shake (10 min.)
- Gratitude = Happiness | The Science of Happiness (8 min.)
- The Amazing Effects of Gratitude (4 min.)
- What’s Stopping You From Achieving Your Goals? (3 min.)
- Insight Into the Teenage Brain (10 min.)
- How Many Choices are Too Many? (3 min.)
Also, here is our line-up for the rest of the spring; after the March 4 Film festival, our next chat will not be until March 25 because of Spring Break at OU. These are subject to change, so if you have other suggestions/ideas, let us know!
- March 25: Open Presence and Personalization
- April 8: Student Creations and Evidence of Learning
- April 22: Rob Carr will help us learn about accessibility for open content!